- About us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Services for Australians Overseas
2014 Victorian State Election – 29 November
Early voting will be taking place at the Embassy from Monday 17 November to Friday 28 November (weekdays only).
Voting times will be 8:30am to 3:30pm. The Embassy will not be open for voting on election day.
Information on voting by mail is available at the Victorian Electoral Commission website www.vec.vic.gov.au .
Office Hours and Contact Details
The Consular and Passport Services Section of the Australian Embassy in Athens is open for telephone and email enquiries from 8:00am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday.
Our counter hours are 8:30am to 3:30pm Monday to Friday. Passport Services – Appointment System
The Australian Embassy in Athens administers Honorary Consulates in Thessaloniki (northern Greece), in Sofia (Bulgaria) and in Bucharest (Romania). In the first instance it is preferable that you contact the Embassy in Athens with your telephone or email query.
What we can and cannot do
Assisting Australians overseas within limits
Travel information for Australians
Get the latest travel advisories and other traveller hints from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
On-line registration for Australians overseas
We encourage use of this online registration service by Australians planning to reside overseas for extended periods, and those travelling to locations where there are security risks.
The Australian Government, through its consular officers, endeavours to provide assistance in situations where danger exists due to civil unrest, war, etc., when it is considered necessary and where it can be arranged.
- Applying for a first Australian adult passport or for a child's passport
- Renewing your current Australian adult passport
- Complete online and print an Overseas Passport application form or renewal form
- Consular and passport fees
Practical Information about Greece, Bulgaria and Romania
- Taxation issues
- International driving permits
- Birth, marriage and death certificates
- Police clearances
- Getting married in Greece ? See also Marriage overseas
- Authentications and apostilles
- Bringing medication into Greece
- Changing your Australian Licence to a Greek Driving Licence
- Renewal of Driver's Licence
- General Information Regarding Visa Requirements for Travelling Australians
- Land registration searches in Greece
- Legal services
- Lost property
- Medical and health services
- Military service obligations
- Schengen Travel bulletin
- Searching for persons or birth, death or marriage information, in Greece
- Visas for Greece, Bulgaria and Romania
A gateway to information about Australian benefits, payments and services
Returning to Australia
Handy information for Australians or residents returning from a holiday or moving back to Australia.
Pensions and information for former residents
- Australia and Greece: Social Security Agreement (English version)
- Australia and Greece: Social Security Agreement (Greek version)
- Social security: pension payments
- A gateway to information about Australian pensions and superannuation